Wärtsilä NACOS RADARPILOT Platinum
As the first manufacturer of network based IP radar systems, Wärtsilä is proud to present a product based on advanced radar technology.
The raw radar video, as well as the radar targets, are processed within the transceiver unit and distributed via network to a number of radar workstations. Advanced filter techniques are used for clutter suppression and enhanced small target detection.
The innovative and ergonomic design of the Wärtsilä NACOS RADARPILOT Platinum provides unprecedented levels of usability and safe operation for experts and novices alike.
- IP radar
- High-resolution wide screen displays
- Built-in radar interswitch
- Tracking of up to 40 radar and 200 AIS targets
- Automatic clutter suppression
- Enhanced small target detection
- Built-in performance monitor
- Multi-layer display of user chart and track data
- 5 different brightness settings for day and night
- Favourite user settings
- Man overboard button
- Type approved as MKD for AIS SAAB R5
- Integrated display and operation of VDR 4360
- Easy to operate either by trackball or functional radar keyboard
- Online operators manual and user help function
Avanced Radar Function
Upgrade your RADARPILOT with additional functionality via a simple software licence. A fast trouble-free procedure adapts your radar to specific needs, including a conning display and other highly advanced features.
- All "Radar" features
- On-screen NAVTEX updates
- Tides and current display
- Remote maintenance function
- Integrated conning page
- Output for conning display
The Wärtsilä NACOS RADARPILOT Platinum can be upgraded with a type approved option for multi antenna operation. In case of coverage limitations, for example due to the vessels superstructure or cargo arrangement, radar images of different antennas from the same type can be combined. All radar functions such as acquisition, trail and others remain working. A typical configuration is the combination of a bow radar and stern radar antenna.
High Speed (HSC) Capabilities
All types of radar transceivers are available with dual speed gearboxes for high speed craft (HSC) applications. A double refresh rate is also helpful in small passages and gives enhancements of target detection algorithms, e.g. at helicopter approach.