SAM successfully combines decades of experience in heading and track control with the benefits of modern platform technologies and innovative user centred design. The result provides the navigator with a reliable co-pilot for the most demanding of navigational situation.
Functional Package "Heading Control"
- Heading mode according to the heading control standard
- Intuitive and easy to operate remotely from RADARPILOT/ECDISPILOT/MULTIPILOT (joystick control)
- Radius control with display of curved heading line
- Visualisation at conning display and Radar/ECDIS
- Use of adaptive algorithms based on internal ship’s model
- Manual adaptation to the current loading state
- Suitable for a wide range of ship types from 50 m upwards
- Operates with various rudder/propulsion types
- Adjustable from precise to tolerant control (economy)
- Consistent alarm management within all subsystems of Platinum series
- Online operators manual and user help function
Functional Package "Track Control"
- All “Heading Control“ features
- Course Mode (compensation of drift)
- Track Mode according to IMO/IEC Track Control Standard Category C
- Remote maintenance function
- Optional speed control
- Optional anchor control