SAM 4642 Dual-Axis EM Speed Log
SAM 4642 is a navigation dual-axis electromagnetic speed log for measuring longitudinal and transverse speed through water. A mile counter is included. Speed information can be relayed to a radar, AIS, VDR and all other relevant devices via NMEA-format connections. Interfaces between the operator unit, electronic unit and sensor comply with IEC 61162 specifications. All relevant IMO requirements are met or exceeded.
- The display is optimized for the intended purpose and consists of several numerical and alphanumerical LED segment displays
- For audible warnings the operator unit is equipped with a buzzer
- The communication between operator unit and sensor is established as a bi-directional exchange of proprietary and standard NMEA telegrams via the Com-NMEA interface.
- Optionally, Windows software for calibration via a laptop is available
- Operator unit power supply is 24 V DC
- Sensor is connected to the electronic unit located within 40 m of the sensor
- Connection from the sensor to the electronic unit is via a serial RS-422 data link as well as the connection from the electronic unit to the operator unit.
- The link between electronic unit and operator unit may be up to 300 m
- Transceiver power supply options are 230 V AC or 24 V DC