Wärtsilä SAM Electronics has been responsible for design, supply and installation of all electrical equipment aboard the five K130 class corvettes, constructed for the German Navy by the ARGE K130 shipyard consortium comprising Blohm + Voss, Lürssen and Nordseewerke.
The last of the 89-meter length vessels, whose advanced features include significant reductions in radar and infrared signatures, was commissioned in 2013.
The responsibility covers the following major areas:
- Electrical platform design
- All switchgear, main and sub-systems
- Planning, supply and installation of cabling
- Lighting equipment
- Special systems, i.e. degaussing systems
- Test and trial activities
- Logistic support