Kannad Marine EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon)
Designed to meet IMO SOLAS requirements for global location and positive identification of transmitted distress signals the new Kannad Marine 406 MHz Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) is an entry-level unit suitable for commercial mariners and recreational boaters when purchased with an automatic float-free container.
- COSPAS/SARSAT and MED* approved
- Simple installation and easy to operate
- Simultaneous transmissions on 406.028 MHz and 121.5 MHz
- Once activated, will transmit for a minimum of 48 hours
- High brightness LED flashing locator lights
- Comprehensive diagnostic and self-test features
- Float-free container for automatic activation
- Unique CARRYSAFE wall mount bracket for indoor installation
- Non-hazardous battery for safe and easy transportation
- 5-year battery life
*MED = European Council Directive 96/98/EC on marine equipment, as amended.