Dredging vessels are designed for excavation activities usually carried out at least partly underwater, in shallow water or fresh water areas with the purpose gathering up bottom sediments and disposing of them at a different location, mostly to keep waterways navigable. To perform these tasks dredgers are equipped with different specific dredging devices.
Wärtsilä SAM Electronics provides customized solutions for power generation and distribution as well as electric drives. The product scope for dredger applications is completed by a dredger control technology, designed in partnership with Vosta LMG, which permits control of the entire dredging process.
Instrumentation and Automation
- Dredger control and visualization
- Automatic systems for cutter-head and cutter-wheel dredgers
- Loading computers
- Pipe position indicators
- Density controls
- Data loggers
- Survey systems
- Dredger pump drives as "electrical shaft"
- Converter-type pump drives
- Cutter wheel/head drives
- Top tumbler drives
- Winch drives for sideline, ladder hoist and stern winches, suction pipe winches
- Winch drives for anchor and mooring winches
- Propulsion systems
- Radio, nautical, communication and navigation systems
- Power generation and distribution systems
- Bridge consoles and engine control room consoles
- Automatic power supply systems
- Engine monitoring equipment